I did have some off white squares in the mix earlier, but they seemed to be throwing it off, so I replaced them with more blue and gray. It seems very busy looking, and outside my norm. I’ve never done anything like this before. Hence the ‘stretch’ for me. Here it is earlier in the process:
I plan to sew it together in 5×5 quadrants. The whole thing is 19 x 14 blocks, and it ended up roughly 74″ x 55″. I can’t wait to post the final pictures!
Here’s some progress, with some of the quadrants sewn together. You can see all the blues and grays added to the background here. The pieces from the open space are on my sewing table now. I am really liking the way it is turning out!