Last week’s snow had me trying some snow dyeing. World’s worst photos above, of three separate half-yards. ProChemical has some good basic instructions. I used powder dye (not liquid as described by ProChem) over about 3 inches of snow, which melted onto the scrunched (and soda-prepped) fabric below. I expedited matters a little with a heating pad on low. The first pic shows all 3 half-yards I dyed. The red and black on the right, especially, had too much dye. Black should only be used very very sparingly, I’ve learned. Be sure to wear a face mask if you choose to work with powder dye.
The second photo is a close-up of the green and gold, which came out the best. It’s wonderful to see the dye mixes ‘fracture’ into their component colors.