My quilting bee has made another fantastic quilt this year, for the guild’s Heritage Day auction. It turned out just wonderfully, even if it is a bit traditional for our tastes. We started with some fabric that was donated – a kit with no directions. It was all blue and tan (very blah), so we added some red, and I made a design for it, based on the fabric we had. The border fabric was a no-brainer, as it had a wide border design. There are 25 star blocks in the middle in alternating colors, a couple smaller borders and the big border. We sewed all the borders together as a unit and attached them at one time to the sides, before mitering the corners as a single unit. That was Noi’s very good idea. I think this made it so much easier. I think everyone in the bee played a big role in the quilt. We had several ‘sew-together’ days, as well as block kits that folks took home with them.
Click along to see the queen size quilt and to understand our sadness.