Molasses Resist Results

Molasses Resist After OverdyeingCloser Look at Molasses Resist after OverdyeingHi – an actual reader other than my husband (Yay!) asked that I follow up on the results of my molasses resist, from back in October.  Not to be making excuses (hmmm) but after that last post, I went on my long overdue honeymoon, then there was all the holiday stuff, etc etc. OK.  So I will try to bang out a number of posts in the next week, to try to catch up a little.

On to the molasses resist.  This was really quite easy, and I think effective.  The results would have been more clear if I had over-dyed with more of a contrasting color, but I think you can see the effect.

The picture above clearly shows my rings, and application was pretty easy. The whole process was a little sticky, though.  I think this would work well when fine detail is not required.

Here’s a closer look.  I wish now that I had tried to do a more complex pattern of some sort, to see how it would have turned out.  Next time.

I’m loving playing with fabric dyes, and have a project in the works that will involve stamping and stencils with thickened dye.  Hopefully, more on that later.

And thanks to Hilary for reminding me to post my results!

Comments are closed.